At the Beginning There Was Stone
I painted two stones as a study into a sudden flash of thought I received. I painted them, one hanging above the other. Oh dear, my inspiration.
These stones were different from the heavy lying ones. There will forever be tension between them. Stones levitate. It was my first stimulus and it needed to be considered. From stones still life emanates, from stones human drama can be created. By arranging stones and other various components into mutual combinations, chords of feeling can be created. These cords of feeling radiate the human experience.
I create new shapes with my fantasy and onto empty stages I place the players of dramatic experience; puppets; stony mountains; sand; wood; metal…myself the scenarist, costume designer, lighting technician, director. My own Commedia dell Monde.
I create not for an admiration of the past, but for the fulfillment of desiring the creation of something eternal in this hastily changing world. This creation will resist the influence of time, opinion and technology. I create intimate works forming their own world by using only the imagination. Silence in the middle of noise.
I adapted medieval painting recipes from Cennino Cennini "II Libro dell Arte" (1437) and applied them to the detailed execution of my work. With modern materials I completed the technical aspects of the artwork were it would be most effective.
The frame provides the psychological distance by surrounding the picture. Consequently, the frame protects the soft painting in the middle with its massiveness physically. From the very beginning, my intention was to create a unique frame for every picture, and after several failed attempts from specialists, I came up with the conclusion that I must create the whole frame by myself. Only the artist by himself can, if he is capable, complete the unity of his work. Into the frame I enclosed not only various shapes and kinds of wood, stone and other natural materials connected to the pictures, but I also enclosed my careful artwork and my own personal fantasy.
The final product comes after many hours of demanding work. The entire procedure of production has been repeated eighteen times, and as a result, mechanically reliable and original frames have been produced as a necessary supplement to the art
Exhibitions since 1984
- Ósaka / Kobe (JPN) (graphic collection)
- Sydney, Lebovic Gallery
- Berlin (BRD) Landeshausgalerie, Basel Fahnemann, Munich (BRD) Rutzmosergalerie, Krumbach (BRD) Rakel - Schlossgalerie
- Munich Tobermüler (BRD), Zürich (CH) Galerie Krause
- Krumbach Rakel - Schlossgalerie, Zürich Galerie Krause,
- Rosenheim Fagana Galerie
- Taichung Dimension Art Gallery(TAIWAN), Taipei Dimension Art Gallery
- Munich Nehmann Galerie, Rosenheim Fagana Galerie
- Prague Galerie 33 (ČR), Dimension Art Gallery(TAIWAN) Taipei, Taichung,, Kaoshong, Prague Carolinum, Embassy of the Czech Republic, Bruxelles Casablanca (MO) -ex Sacred Heart Cathedral,
- Zürich (CH) Galerie Krause, Prague (ČR) Miro Gallery
- Komárno (SLO) Galerie T
- Zürich Galerie Krause
- Berlin Miro Gallery, Prague Miro Gallery
- Chomutov (ČR) Municipal Gallery Aix-en-Provence (F) - "Les Flâneries d'Art Contemporain dans les jardins Aixois"
- Pribram (ČR) Gallery Ernestinum Paris(F) - Grand Palais,
- Haumont en Champagne (F) - Chapelle des Jésuites,
- Toledo (SP) - San Vincente,
- Vienna (AU) - Palais Palffy,
- Barcelona (SP) - MEAM
He participates in group exhibitions of the painting group "Libellule"
- Born of June 1953
- 1968 - 1972 study at prof. Vlastimil Květensky
- 1967 - 1975 private study in private atelier Zdenek Sykora
- Lives in Germany
- 1988 - He orientates his creation to the form of Surreal Allegoric Art
- 1994 - he lives in Munich (Germany)
- today in Dobris (Czech Republic)
66 x 51cm / 100 x 85cm
A publication of my paintings was published. Texts and hundreds of high quality reproductions on 340 pages. Published by SVU Mánes. Book price 80,-Eur + porto.
300 x 245 cm
70 x 55cm / 101 x 86cm
A small caravan to India
45 x 40cm / 78 x 72cm
Lovers - Night and Day
65 x 60cm / 102 x 97cm
69 x 49cm / 101 x 81cm
Great evening choir
101,5 x 120cm
Gentleman of soap bubbles
33 x 23 / 59 x 49cm
Buyer of towers
60 x 67 / 96 x 104cm
La porta del destino
70 x 45 / 70 x 45 //102 x 156
Exhibition at the YU-HSIU MUSEUM of ART 2018,
Time swallows beauty
60 x 70cm 95 x 105cm
70 x 65cm 110 x 105cm
85 x 32cm 124 x 70cm
100 x 30cm 136 x 66cm
63 x 60cm 103 x 100cm
Pilgrims to the Light
49 x 46cm 85 x 81cm
55 x 47cm 91,5 x 83,5cm
55 x 65 / 91 x 102cm
Visionnaires et incendiaires
65 x 60cm 102 x 97cm
Garden at Fointanebleau II.
55 x 70 / 91 x 106cm